Resident Board of Directors
|Vice President||Teresa Little||740-622-0066|
|Social Director||Sharon Augle||630-676-8967|
|Ass't Social||Cathy Naidoo||774-283-2486|
NLYH the Week Ahead
Do You See Something Missing?
If you see something missing please let me know. I’m trying to work with the coordinators but often times I end up having to search for what is going on. I usually get information from Channel 102, Harbor Highlights and the Bulliten Boards (when I’m in the park).
You can email me, use the form below or call me at 574-300-2523
Things to Remember
- Just a reminder to all residents’ that dues are $10.00 per person. Please try to be prompt in paying this coming season. Our membership chairperson, Fran Burke, and her Pier captains will be collecting at your doors as well as collecting at Saturday morning coffee.
Things of Interest
Around the Park
- Continue to save your pennies for the Pennies from Heaven jar on the sign-up table. Everything collected goes to the Women’s Shelter for milk for the children.
- Library – The library is in the clubhouse. Residents are welcome to borrow books, videos and jigsaw puzzles. There is no sign-out procedure – return when finished.
- Please remember to have lights on when riding your bike after dark and carry a flashlight when walking.
- New Flags – A new United States flag can be purchased from the Residents Association at the NLYH Office. Cost is $25.00 – please make your check out to “NLYH Residents Association” or have exact cost in cash.
- Please utilize the Home Closing Checklist when leaving for the summer.
- THERE IS NO SOLICITING ALLOWED IN OUR PARK
Please report any uninvited sales representatives to the Office.
- Planning a function? Please contact our calendar person, Sue Ferrigno to get your date on the calendar and fill out the appropriate forms. If you are renting the clubhouse for a private party, the fee is $25.00.
Things of Note
9-1-1 Emergency Safety Profile
- Smart911 is now in Collier County. Residents should go to smart911.com to input their information regarding their situation and health needs, in order for the 911 call center to respond with their personal information.
- It is a “smart” thing to do to have your information on file with the 911 operator in order to make them aware of your health information when you dial that 911 call center. You may need to wait until you are back in the community.
- Watch a video of 911 Operator testimonials
Check out the Food for Life Instructor
- Check out Food for Life Instructor for Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- The Food for Life Instructor for Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is inviting you to join Facebook. Once you join, you’ll be able to connect with the Food for Life Instructor for Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine Page, along with people you care about and other things that interest you. Visit their Facebook Page.
- People within NLYH have made a commitment to reduce waste and to provide a green environment. This is just one item that creates a clean living park.
- Recycling is now being provided for functions that are held in the clubhouse. Please separate trash from plastic, bottles & cans when cleaning up to help promote this project.
When can I expect Trash Pick up?
- All trash, yard waste, garbage and recycle containers are not to be set out before 6:00pm the day prior to pick up.
- Schedule: Recycle and Trash pick up on Monday – Trash pick up on Thursday.
What is bulky item collection?
Bulky items are large items too large, heavy or bulky to fit in your green trash cart (e.g. washer, dryer, water heater, air conditioner, stove, refrigerator, furniture, etc.). You might want to call customer service at (239) 252-2380 and let them know you have bulk items – a different truck is used to pick bulk up.
How and when do I set out my yard waste?
Yard waste is collected on the same day as recycling. Do not place yard waste into your trash cart. Yard waste must be properly prepared for collection.
Prepare yard waste as follows:
- Place yard waste in paper bags. Do not use plastic bags. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Place yard waste in trash cans no larger than 32 gallons and not weighing more than 50 lbs. when filled.
- Tie yard waste in bundles no longer than 4 feet with branches no thicker than 4 inches in diameter.
- Yard waste is limited to 10 bags, bundles, or cans per week.
Where can I get additional information?
- Collier County recycling website.
Old Batteries and Bulbs
- Take them to Batteries and Bulbs 1811 Tamiami Trail North across from the mall.
- Put them in the box at Mike Mark’s carport 203 Pier A. He will take them to recycle.
- The box is there December through May 31st.
- No boat, car or golf cart batteries please.
Summit-Broadband – When Going North
- Unplug your TV but DO NOT unplug your router or modem. They need to remain on to receive necessary updates while your gone.
- Put all your extra services on vacation (i.e., HD box, DVR, synergy, phone.) Do this by sending an email to email@example.com or call 239-444-0400. You will save $2 for each piece of equipment that you are renting and $6 if you put your phone on hold.
- According to the health department regarding food at the pool, the rule is as follows
- Food or Drink is not allowed in the pool or within 4 feet around the pool. Other than that food and drink is allowed and can be enjoyed at our tables in the pool area.
- Naturally no glass of any kind should be brought to the pool.
- Please keep the pool area clean so that we may all enjoy it!