Taxes and Fees:
- 6% Sales Tax – there is a sales tax of 6% on the purchase price of a new home that is levied by the state of Florida.
- Janurary 1st, 2019 the State of Florida implemented a 1% discretionary sales surtax. The sales tax remains 6% on the total sale price plus 1% discretionary tax on the first $5,000.00. Total amount of the new tax is an additional $50.00.
- $14,394.00 Corporate Membership Fee – a membership fee is required for new home owners to join the NLYH Corporation. This is a one-time fee that is refunded to you, if you choose to sell your home, at the then current rate (which historically increases annually).
- The current fee, as approved by the Corporation, is valid from October 15, 2019 through January 14, 2019.
Monthly fees as of 01/01/2019 are:
- Waterfront $345.00
- Non-Waterfront $315.00
- Haldeman Creek Homes $355.00
- Partial Waterfront $325.00
- Boat Slips $32.10
- Kayak Space $5.35
Other Important Information:
- Monthly Maintenance Fees include taxes, lawn care, cable TV and trash removal.
- There are only 352 homes in the park.
- Pets are NOT allowed.
- Homes cannot be rented out.
- NLYH has free wireless internet access in the clubhouse & pool area.
- “Inland” or “Non-Waterfront” home owners are able to keep their boats in one of two boat basins located at the base of the two main canals.