Boat Club Bridge Officers
|Vice Commodore||Bud Kaiser|
|Membership Director||Larry Vanier|
|Social Director||Ginny Dandreta|
|Program Directors||Clay & Wendy Smith|
|Fishing Director||Lorraine Wilson|
|Refreshment Chair||Beth Kelley|
|Apparel Chair||Dale Cullinan|
From the desk of John Dodge
Here is a listing of February activities for the Boat Club:
Landlubbers Cookout is planned for Tuesday, February 4th at 4:00 PM. The Cookout will be held as usual on the front lawn. Hot dogs and hamburgers are provided. Bring a dish to pass along with your own drinks and a lawn chair. Sign up sheets are in the clubhouse. This event is open to Boat Club members only, so see Larry at 101 Pier B to pay your dues. Contact Lorraine Wilson if you have a question.
The Coast Guard Auxiliary will be in the park on February 11 to conduct boat safety inspections, starting at 10 AM. Vice Commodore Bud has a sign up sheet on the desk. You do not have to be a Boat Club member to sign up for the inspection.
The next Boat Club meeting is February 12, 2020 at 7 PM. The speaker will be Jack Mulvena, CEO of the Naples Zoo. Mr. Mulvena will be speaking on the zoo animals, conservation, our new animal hospital and possibly our Capital Campaign for the new front entrance.
A Keewaydin trip is scheduled for February 18, weather permitting. Kay will place a sign up sheet on the desk as we get closer to the 18th.
Boat Club Dues
- A reminder that you can begin to pay your 2020 Season dues.
- You must be a paid member to attend any Boat Club function.
- Please submit your payment to Larry Vanier at 101 Pier B
Boat Owners Reminder
Boats Docked at NLYH Rule V.1.
A copy of the resident member’s current watercraft registration and insurance policy with a minimum coverage of $300,000 liability and $10,000 property damage must be on file in the office. Please make sure that your up to date documents are filed with the office.
If you dock a boat at NLYH it is your responsibility to keep the office updated with your current Registration & Insurance information.
Boat Club Fishing Contest (2019/2020)
- All Boat Club members in good standing are eligible to participate in the fishing contest. – The contest runs each season from November 1st to March 31st with monthly prizes presented to men and women in each species category.
- This year, the monthly contest prize will be $25.00 cash and the annual largest fish caught prize will be $100.00 cash.
- The Fishing Contest Rules
- Pictures of the Fish Species allowed
Fishing Contest Winners
- November winner was Greg Wilson with a 25” Redfish weighing 4.78 lbs.
- women’s winner was Jill Trentsch with a 16” Sheepshead weighing 2.2 lbs.
- men’s winner was Greg Wilson with a 16” Sheepshead weighing 2.13 lbs.
- January winner was Greg Wilson with a 16” Sheepshead weighing 2.07 lbs.
- men’s winner was Greg Wilson with a 15 1/2” Sheepshead weighing 2.33 lbs.
- women’s winner was Jill Trentsch with a 14 1/2” Sheepshead weighing 1.63 lbs.
- men’s winner was Greg Wilson with a 17 1/2” Sheepshead weighing 3.08 lbs.
- women’s winner was Lorraine Wilson with a 15 1/2” Sheepshead weighing 2.35 lbs.
The seasonal winners are:
Most outstanding fish – Greg Wilson 25” Redfish weighing 4.78 lbs.
Redfish – Greg Wilson 25” weighing 4.78 lbs..
Sheepshead – Greg Wilson 17 1/2” weighing 3.08 lbs.
Spanish Mackerel – Jack Monroe 21 1/2” weighing 2.1 lbs.
Boat Club Photos
All of the photos listed are property of the photographer. We only add the link to the location used by the photographer. Most of the photographers use SnapFish, DropBox, HighTail, OneDrive, SmugMug or Google Photo as a sharing tool.
If you have your own photo’s that you would like to share with us, just send us the link to it and we will add it to this page.
Links last checked on 09/29/2019