Boat Club Bridge Officers
|Vice Commodore||John Riedner|
|Membership Director||Larry Vanier|
|Social Director||Pat Callinan|
|Program Directors||Judy Van Ingen|
|Fishing Director||Lorraine Wilson|
|Refreshment Chair||Nancy Castle|
|Apparel Chair||Dale Cullinan|
Boat Club Dues
- A reminder that you can begin to pay your 2021 / 2022 Season dues.
- You must be a paid member to attend any Boat Club function.
- Please submit your payment to Larry Vanier at 101 Pier B
Boat Owners Reminder
Boats Docked at NLYH Rule V.1.
A copy of the resident member’s current watercraft registration and insurance policy with a minimum coverage of $300,000 liability and $10,000 property damage must be on file in the office. Please make sure that your up to date documents are filed with the office.
If you dock a boat at NLYH it is your responsibility to keep the office updated with your current Registration & Insurance information.
Boat Club Fishing Contest (2021/2022)
- All Boat Club members in good standing are eligible to participate in the fishing contest. – The contest runs each season from November 1st to March 31st with monthly prizes presented to men and women in each species category.
- This year, the monthly contest prize will be $25.00 cash and the annual largest fish caught prize will be $100.00 cash.
NLYH Boat Club Fishing Contest Rules
1. All Boat Club members in good standing are eligible.
2. The contest each year is from November 1st to March 31st
3. A monthly prize will be presented to men and women for largest fish by weight and being a legal catch, in the amount of $25.00.
Eligible fish species are;
a. Black Drum
b. Red Drum (Red Fish)
c. Spanish Mackerel
d. Spotted Sea Trout
4. All fish must be weighed on the Boat Club scale at the chickee hut.
5. Weight certificates are available in the chickee hut and must be completely filled out, including verification by another Boat Club member, other than a relative, and placed in the mail box at the chickee hut beside the fish cleaning area.
6. Seasonal grand prizes will be awarded at the April meeting of the Boat Club. The prizes will be $10.00 for each of the above seven species caught at any time during the contest season. There will not be separate seasonal prizes for men and women.
7. A cash prize of $100.00 will be awarded for the most outstanding catch of the season.
8. Judges will determine the winners.
Lorraine Wilson, Fishing Director
105 Pier B
View or Print Fish Species
Fishing Contest Winners - Last Year
- November winner was Greg Wilson with a 25” Redfish weighing 4.78 lbs.
- women’s winner was Jill Trentsch with a 16” Sheepshead weighing 2.2 lbs.
- men’s winner was Greg Wilson with a 16” Sheepshead weighing 2.13 lbs.
- January winner was Greg Wilson with a 16” Sheepshead weighing 2.07 lbs.
- men’s winner was Greg Wilson with a 15 1/2” Sheepshead weighing 2.33 lbs.
- women’s winner was Jill Trentsch with a 14 1/2” Sheepshead weighing 1.63 lbs.
- men’s winner was Greg Wilson with a 17 1/2” Sheepshead weighing 3.08 lbs.
- women’s winner was Lorraine Wilson with a 15 1/2” Sheepshead weighing 2.35 lbs.
The seasonal winners are:
Most outstanding fish – Greg Wilson 25” Redfish weighing 4.78 lbs.
Redfish – Greg Wilson 25” weighing 4.78 lbs..
Sheepshead – Greg Wilson 17 1/2” weighing 3.08 lbs.
Spanish Mackerel – Jack Monroe 21 1/2” weighing 2.1 lbs.
Boat Club Photos
All of the photos listed are property of the photographer. We only add the link to the location used by the photographer. Most of the photographers use SnapFish, DropBox, HighTail, OneDrive, SmugMug or Google Photo as a sharing tool.
If you have your own photo’s that you would like to share with us, just send us the link to it and we will add it to this page.
Links last checked on 09/29/2019